Birth and Baby Prep School is Selling Out Fast!
Don't delay! Book your seat today.
This convenient 2 day class will give you the confidence boost you need for an empowering and positive birth and get you ready to navigate life with a newborn.
JANUARY - SOLD OUT
FEBRUARY - SOLD OUT
MARCH - 2 SPOTS LEFT
APRIL - 4 SPOTS LEFT
MAY - 4 SPOTS LEFT
So what do we talk about?
ALL ABOUT BIRTH
How to create a recipe for a positive and empowering birth? LEARN and then PRACTICE, which is exactly what we're going to do on Saturday. First we will get to know the pregnant body and the way birth tends to unfold and then we will try out some exercises to learn what makes you comfortable and what you can do with your partner. Here's a look at some of the topics we cover in this class:
- Hospital, Home or Clinic birth
- Preparing for a positive and empowering birth - how the heck can we do this?
- What can my birth partner do?
- What can I bring to my birth space?
- What's a birth plan and how can I use it?
- How can I cope emotionally and physically?
- What are my pain relief and induction options? (natural and medical)
- What is a doula and how can they help us?
- What is a placenta? What can I do with it?
- “What if” scenarios and how to cope
We will also practice positions, breathing exercises, and ways to cope through contractions and pushing. Class includes tons of instructional and empowering videos, exercises to demonstrate what we're learning about... and so much more!
ALL ABOUT RECOVERY, FEEDING, AND BABIES!
On Sunday we will be picking up where we left off, which is immediate recovery after birth, what newborns look like and the checks they may have, and what to do once you're settling in at home. Here's a look at some of the topics we cover in this class
- How long will it take to heal from birth?
- What can healing from a cesarean birth be like?
- What is postpartum depression & how do I know if I have it?
- How much will my baby sleep?
- How often will my baby eat?
- What the heck do I do with baby's umbilical cord stump?!
- How do I swaddle my newborn?
- What is breastfeeding & how does it work?
- Who can help me with all of this... and so much more!