Making a plan for recovery after birth.
How to build a support network - who are they and what can they do?
Our two hour interactive class will walk you through healing and wellness after birth as they relate to your physical and mental/emotional recovery. Work with us to set realistic expectations for yourself as you recover from birth. You'll leave this class feeling ready for birth, informed and empowered!
We tend to spend a lot of time preparing for birth; and rightly so! Birth, no matter how it happens, is a life changing event in a person's life. How we give birth will determine how we begin our postpartum journey... but one thing that every postpartum period begins with is recovery.
You will leave this workshop with:
- A better understanding of what to expect after birth
- A guide to creating your postpartum support network
- Handouts outlining the signs and symptoms of the PPD, common postpartum healing challenges, and more. How you can help yourself, and where you can reach out for help.
- An fun & easy to display poster with suggestions on how friends and family can help out so that you have time to rest and recover
- A “Staycation” wish list
- Nourishing postpartum recipes from Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Leanne Sedentopf
- Massage tips and techniques from Sonja Martin of Rooted Lavender
In the days and weeks after giving birth there is a lot going on with both your body and your mind. From head to toe and everything in between, we will look:
Workshop fee: $30.00/pp or $50/per couple
*Advanced registration is required to attend.